The Home Value Loan offers one of the most competitive variable interest rates. Moreover, having your own HSBC relationship manager guide you through the entire process to full approval helps you make smart financial decisions and get the best possible loan deal.
Packed with attractive features, a competitive interest rate, promotional offers, and the facility to refinance your current home loan, HSBC is the home loan specialist of choice for many Australian first home buyers and investors.
Are you still undecided about variable rate loans? Get insights on variable rate loans if a variable rate loan is the right fit for you.
Read up to know more about the features and home loan process at HSBC Bank Australia.
HSBC Australia is a part of the HSBC Group, one of the world's leading banking and financial services organisations. It caters to the banking and finance needs of more than 40 million customers across 64 countries and territories in the Middle East, Europe, Asia, Africa, North America, and Latin America.
Listed on the London, Paris, Hong Kong, New York, and Bermuda exchanges, HSBC first established operations in Australia in 1965. It received a commercial license in 1986. HSBC Australia is headquartered in Barangaroo.
HSBC Australia offers a wide range of financial services through a strong network comprising 45 branches and offices.
Services by HSBC Australia include wholesale, retail, wholesale and private banking, trade finance, treasury and financial markets, global liquidity and cash management, asset management, and securities custody.
HSBC has products for every financial need you can think of, including savings accounts and term deposits for your day-to-day money management, a suite of home loans to finance your dream home, plus credit card and personal loan options.
About HSBC Home Value Loan
Designed to give you maximum flexibility with lending criteria best suited to your needs, HSBCs Home Value Loan is one of the popular financial products.
The home loan package includes the following benefits and features:
- You do not have to pay ongoing fees - monthly or annual - and other charges.
- You get unlimited free extra repayments which help you to save on interest.
- Enjoy the flexibility of accessing your money with unlimited access to free redraws when you need them.
- HSBC's Relationship Manager will guide you through the application process for your home loan.
- Get a great Promotional Offer on your new borrowings from $50,000. Further benefits include a waiver of the establishment fee for the Promotional Offer.
- Receive $3,288 cashback** when you opt for refinancing to HSBC. (A minimum refinance amount is applicable, explained in detail within the terms and conditions document).
Guide to Loan type HSBC Home Value Interest Rates
The rates listed below are for principal and interest repayment. They are current as of May 9 2022. The rates are subject to change.
Principal and Interest for owner-occupied:
- Home Value Reference Rate (3.90% p.a.* Interest rate) and (3.96% p.a. Comparison rate)
- Home Value Featured Rate (2.27% p.a.* Interest rate) and (2.28% p.a. Comparison rate)
Principal and Interest for Investments:
- Home Value Reference Rate (4.52% p.a.* Interest rate) and (4.58% p.a. Comparison rate)
- Home Value Featured Rate (2.47% p.a.* Interest rate) and (2.48% p.a. Comparison rate)
This is based on an Owner Occupied Interest Rate (Principal and Interest):
- (2.27% p.a.* Interest rate) and (2.28% p.a. Comparison rate)
*Excludes LVR above 70%. The Loan to Value Ratio (LVR) is subject to HSBC's assessment, as well as its lending criteria and Lender's Mortgage Insurance (LMI) acceptance.
Check the comparison rates of different lenders if you're actively looking at home loan options.
HSBC's comparison rate is based on a secured loan of $150,000 over 25 years. Comparison rate warnings apply to loans provided by HSBC Bank. Different terms and conditions, fees, or other loan-related charges may result in varied comparison rates.
A comparison rate provides a more accurate indication of the actual value of your home loan and how much it will cost you yearly.
HSBC Home Value Fees
Here are some of the fees involved (which could change from time to time);
- Establishment Fee: $600 ($0 with promotional offer)
- Settlement Fee: $150 ($0 with promotional offer)
- Valuation Fee quoted on application
- Variation Fee (For changes to your loan): $300
Refinancing your home loan
HSBC offers you unique opportunities to save on your interest repayments by refinancing your existing home loan account to HSBC.
For a minimum of $250k, you can earn $3,288 maximum cashback (T&C applies)and also enjoy the following advantages:
- Lower monthly repayments with a reduced rate
- Speed up the repayment of your loan
- Quickly enhance your equity with a lower rate
Refinance applications that have been submitted to HSBC from February 15, 2021, to May 21, 2022, and settled by July 31, 2022, can avail of this scheme. The terms and conditions documents contain a detailed explanation.
Joust is one of Australia's leading online home loan marketplaces. Our user-friendly platform offers you innovative tools like Instant Match, Mortgage Calculators, and Live Auction to connect with reputed Aussies lenders offering a range of attractive online home loan deals.
Our platform assures you of a highly secure and technologically superior experience in finding the perfect home loan solution.
In addition, the Joust platform is free to use, and you are under no obligation or pressure to proceed.
Feel free contact us to know more about our products and services dedicated to helping you get the best home loan rates possible.